Monday 22 October 2012

Being happy & staying positive!




Yes, sometimes we tend to forget the importance of being happy and staying positive. We always let our emotions get in the way. We can't help but get angry/upset over little things like not getting what we want instead of being thankful for what we have. We try so hard to get the attention of people we barely know but neglect the people who are always by our side.

Now, let's talk about the video above by Lindy a.k.a Bubzbeauty. I'm a huge fan of her. Not only because she gives great insights about makeup, but she also inspire me a lot. Many of her videos (besides beauty videos) are about positivity and the importance of being happy. Through this one, it got my eyes teary. Here are some of the points that she've talked about:

1) The more gadgets we own, the more miserable we feel. The more improved telecommunications are, the lonelier we feel. HAPPINESS IS SIMPLE.

Remember I used to blog about this topic? If you don't, click here. There, I've said it! If you constantly rely on internet, your smart phone, etc., you become too dependable on it and tend to forget the true meaning of communication.

When you go out with your friends, have fun! Spend the time together sharing stories and ideas. I've observed that a lot of people these days keep on checking on their phone to see their Facebook updates, etc. We should learn how to put away those stuff, really. Haha.

2) The quote, "I'll be happy when..."

Being appreciative is important.

3) Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Self-pity is your worst enemy.

Remember when I used to blog about "Apathy is your enemy"? Why do we have to put ourselves so low and let us feel miserable about ourselves?

4) Worrying is like a rocking chair. It takes up a lot of energy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Sometime we worry about the silliest of things! I am no exception. But we all know that worrying won't get us anywhere!

5) We're programmed to always expect the worst. But your thoughts aren't always true! Suffering comes from believing your thoughts (negative ones at least).

I love the story about the battle that goes on between people. Within us, we have 2 wolves that live inside of us. UNHAPPINESS and HAPPINESS. Which one wins? The one you feed. I guess it's true! If we constantly feed our mind with unhappiness and negative thoughts, it will eventually win!

This is so true. There was this one period of time when I believed that something bad will happen whenever I see a flash of some sort - I can't really explain this. But even if I can, I don't want to elaborate. And bad things kept happening. But something made me changed the concept of how I thought about it. This video was one of them.

Don't believe the negativity. It's good to scrape away negativity and turn it into something positive! Of course it's easy to be said than done. But, if you never try, you will never know how strong you are and that you can overcome it. :)

6) Don't see kindness as a chore, think of it as an opportunity for you to grow.

I've mentioned this many times and I keep on reminding myself that when you do good, you'll get the same in return. Do it with sincerity of course.

7) Unfair judgement.

This happens ALL THE TIME. People are constantly judging us. So do we. Sometimes we don't make enough effort to get to know someone and are already starting to make assumptions and negative judgement. I always tell myself to not be too quick to judge someone I barely know. Sometimes I do, I am being honest here. It's human nature to tend to judge people quickly by the things they do to us first. That is why we have this phrase "First impression counts". First impression is one thing. But being too quick to judge is another.

I do get hurt at times when someone tells me something that I could not accept because it's not who I am. The thing is, why should I be angry when I know myself better than anyone else? If someone is being jealous of you, they're not actually angry at what you have but instead, they're being angry at what they don't have. It's a pity that they have so much darkness in them.

8) Mind your own business.

"What others think of you is none of your business." - Nona Kirana. I constantly try to not care about what others think of me. Unless they're so dearly to me. Learn to control your mouth. Besides loving to make others laugh with happiness, I'm a rather quiet person. I don't talk a lot unless necessary.

9) Some people pursue happiness, others create it.

Don't pursue happiness. Instead, practice it!

We don't work towards happiness because it may seem that we aren't happy and not being thankful for what we have. We tend to focus on the things that we don't have instead of the things that we are blessed with.

10) Like a boomerang, happiness will come back to you!

Give more than what you take because the more you give, the more you will receive. =)

~~~~~~~~~
And if you're wondering why I love posting motivational posts, it's not because I'm a professional in any way. Neither am I always doing good. But it keeps me motivated by writing positive things! And whenever I feel distracted by negativity, I'll come back here and read back what I wrote. And the best person to talk to will be none other than my mother...or my brother. Hehe! =)

Next up: Birthday post.


No comments: